Hello my little lamb chops!
When it comes to cooking dinner for two, nothing comes easier than the lamb chops – delicate, tender, and oh-so-juicy. Rub with some chopped rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil, and let it sit for a bit, sear all over on high heat, rest for a few minutes, and serve.
A lamb chop is such a lovely tender piece of meat, bursting full of delicate flavours, that you don’t have to do much to it. In fact, the only thing you really have to take care of is not to overcook it. Lamb chops are best served pink (i.e. medium rare) but feel free to cook it for longer if you prefer your meat medium or well.
INGREDIENTS (Serves one):
- Two lamb chops
- 1/2 eggplant
- A few fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1) Slice eggplant at a diagonal, ~3/4 inch thick.
2) Chop fresh rosemary finely. Grind rosemary, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and black pepper in a mortar and pestle.
3) Brush the olive oil mixture evenly onto the eggplant slices, reserving some for later.
4) Heat griddle pan over medium heat. Oil griddle well and grill the eggplant slices. Brush the exposed eggplant side with the remaining olive oil mixture. Wait a few minutes until griddle marks form then the flip the eggplant slices to char grill the other side. Once chargrilled to perfection, set aside and keep warm.
For the Lamb Chops:
1) Combine chopped rosemary, diced garlic, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper into mortar and pestle. Ground and pound.
2) Marinade the lamb chops on both sides with the olive oil mixture.
3) Heat griddle pan on medium-high heat and brush with some olive oil. Once hot, throw in the lamb chops and sear on both sides until done to your liking (~3 minutes each side for medium. Remember, tender lamb chops are best served pink).
4) Let the chops rest for a few minutes then serve with the char-grilled eggplant as a side. Enjoy!