I know not everyone fancies brussel sprouts but don’t think you can go wrong with them when delicately flavoured with bacon bits. This dish makes a perfect side that will complement a pasta or meat dish well.
- 1 pack of brussel sprouts
- Bacon bits (about a handful)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
1) Wash brussel sprouts thoroughly in colander. Drain.
2) Heat fry pan on high and add olive oil. Throw in the bacon bits and pan- fry a little until browned. Add the brussel sprouts and cook until done (for a faster method, it is advisable to parboil the brussel sprouts first or slice them into halves). Season with salt and pepper.
3) Serve whilst hot as a side dish.