If you have some rosemary, lemon, and honey at home, I urge you to try this roast chicken leg recipe for a hearty meal.
INGREDIENTS (serves 2):
For the chicken legs:
- 2 chicken legs
- Bunch of fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Salt and pepper, to season
For the roast vegetables
- 1 sweet potato, chopped into 1 inch chunks
- 3 shallots, halved
- 1 cup of brussel sprouts
- balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, to season.
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2) Wash chicken thighs and pat dry with kitchen towels. Season with salt, pepper, juice of 1 lemon. Rub honey and chopped rosemary over the thighs and under the skin.
3) Cut up the vegetables and layer on tray. Place chicken thighs on top. Slice lemon into thin slices and sit on top of the thighs. Drizzle with some balsamic vinegar and lightly sprinkle some salt and pepper over the vegetables.
4) Bake for 40-50 minutes until golden brown. Serve.