THE PERFECT SCRAMBLE | Divinely creamy yet as light as the breath of an angel.
My latest obsession is scrambled eggs. How to perfect them and make the most glorious, creamiest and heavenly eggs unparalleled to any other you have eaten before.
If you have a hard time finding creme fraiche, you can substitute it with sour creme. To achieve that heavenly creamy texture, the key is to ‘fold’ the eggs and to not overcook the delicate soft curds. This can be simply achieved by turning the heat setting to as low as possible while harnessing what has often become a rarified trait called “patience”.
Heavenly Scrambled Eggs with Dill and Creme Fraiche
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon butter, diced (ice cold)
- bunch of fresh dill, chopped
- 2 slices of rustic bread or sourdough, toasted, to serve.
- freshly ground sea salt and pepper, to taste.
- Break eggs into a bowl and beat gently.
- Chop the fresh dill and add into the egg mixture.
- Add tablespoon of creme fraiche.
- Heat pan on low heat, and add butter. Using a spatula, stir the eggs frequently as they begin to slowly cook. Should take no longer than 4-5 minutes or so.
- Toast sourdough bread (or substitute) as eggs are cooking. Ladle the eggs on top of the toast while it is still not fully cooked yet (as eggs still cooked when removed from the stove).
- Add black truffle paste if you want a more gourmet experience.