SCALLOP-MANIA | Large sea scallops are kept in their shell and dosed with a mixture of garlic, pancetta and white wine before being baked to perfection.
Hankering for a quick and easy dinner but also concerned about sustainability? Scallops make a smart seafood choice. Not only are they convenient and cook in less than 5 minutes, they pair beautifully with other dinner staples such as pasta, quinoa, or couscous.
Besides pan-frying scallops, another quick and succulent way to cook scallops are to drizzle them with a mixture of white wine, olive oil, diced garlic, and strips of pancetta, and then let them bake in the oven. This has got to be the easiest “hands-free” way to cook scallops. Delicious.
Baked Scallops with White Wine and Pancetta
PREP TIME: 5 minutes | BAKE TIME: 10 minutes | TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes | SERVES: 6
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 strips of pancetta, diced
- 3 tablespoons of a dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons of freshly minced garlic
- Chopped freshly coriander, to garnish
- Keeping the shells intact, gently wash the scallops and pat dry with paper towels.
- Lay scallops on a roasting tray lined with parchment paper. Spoon half a tablespoon of olive oil onto each scallop, and top with ~1/2 slice of diced pancetta. Top with another 1/2 tablespoon of dry white wine and cover with 1/2 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- Repeat process for the other scallops. Once done, stick the roasting tray into a preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes. Serve by garnishing each scallop with some chopped coriander.