DOUBLE APHRODISIAC | Strawberries dipped in dark chocolate with a touch of pistachio luxury.
Looking for an aphrodisiac to seduce a love interest? Well, look no further than the strawberry. First cultivated in ancient Rome, strawberries are now the most popular berry fruit in the world. In provincial France, they were regarded as an aphrodisiac. What’s more, these red gems are actually antioxidant powerhouses and are beneficial to your heart in more ways than one.
Packed with vitamins, fiber, and particularly high levels of antioxidants known as polyphenols, strawberries are a sodium-free, fat-free, cholesterol-free, low-calorie food. They are among the top 20 fruits in antioxidant capacity and are a good source of manganese and potassium. Did you know that just one serving – about eight strawberries – provides more vitamin C than an orange?
Not fond of the standalone strawberry? Fear not, you can easily and radically transform these delicate heart-shaped gems into decadent works of art in less than 30 minutes. To bolster the aphrodisiac qualities, simply dip the luscious fruit into dark chocolate that has been melted in a bain marie. For that extra touch of luxury, coat the strawberry with a layer of crushed pistachio (or desiccated coconut).
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries With Pistachio
TIME: 30 minutes | YIELDS: 10-12 large strawberries
- Box of long stemmed strawberries
- 1 pack (~100g) of quality dark chocolate (> 70%),
- 1 cup of pistachios, crushed (desiccated coconut is an alternate option)
- Line a roasting tray with parchment paper. Melt chocolate in a bain marie (double boiler method).
- In the meantime while chocolate is melting, crush pistachios gently in a mortar and pestle to break them apart into tiny chunks.
- Once chocolate has melted, hold the stem of the strawberry and dip the strawberries one-by-one in the melting pot of chocolate goodness and rotate 360 degrees to ensure it is coated all over.
- Before the chocolate solidifies, quickly roll the strawberry into the crumbed pistachio and rotate all over.
- Once complete, layer on the prepared roasting tray. Repeat the process for the other strawberries. If you fancy, instead of using pistachio, you can also roll the strawberries in a layer of desiccated coconut.
- Stick the tray in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes before serving.