A healthy and light blueberry dessert that can be whipped up in ten minutes.
Feel like dessert but overwhelmed by guilt? That’s exactly how I felt tonight (given my recent binge fest on desserts and patisseries). To satisfy my sweet tooth – and seeing I had a tub of light ricotta and blueberries sitting idly in my fridge – I decided to come up with a healthy concoction: blueberry ricotta cups. Simply drizzle some honey into the ricotta, zest some lemon peel into it, and whisk away until a smooth consistency is reached. Spoon the finale into small cups and garnish with blueberries, Voila! It is really that simple.
(Makes two servings)
- Punnet of fresh blueberries
- 4 tablespoons of light ricotta
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest, freshly grated
- Icing sugar to dust (optional)
- Heap 4 large tablespoons of ricotta into a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of honey and grate in some fresh lemon zest. Hand whisk until combined to a smooth consistency.
- Spoon mixture into little dessert cups or ramekins. Mix freshly washed blueberries with a tablespoon of honey until evenly coated.
- Spoon blueberries on top of the dessert cups filled with the ricotta mixture. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Dust with icing sugar to serve (optional).