Found excess blueberries sitting in the fridge this morning. Having endured a 12km+ hike yesterday from Discovery Bay – Tiger’s Head – Mo wui, I thought there could be no better way to reward myself than to make a scrumptious french toast paired with the goodness of these blueberries (before they start shrivelling even further). Drizzled the end product with maple syrup and there you have it – a simple and classic french toast with blueberries.
- 2 slices of bread (~1.5 cm thick)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoons of milk
- Handful of blueberries
- Maple syrup (to serve)
1) Crack egg into empty bowl and add the milk. Whisk.
2) Place the sliced bread in the egg mixture and allow it to soak for 30 seconds each side.
3) Pre-heat the pan on medium heat. Once hot add a dollop of butter to the pan and throw in the soaked bread and turn heat to medium-low. Pan fry both sides until golden brown (~2-3 minutes each side).
4) Repeat for other slice(s) of bread. Serve the french toast on a pre-heated plate and throw in the blueberries on top with a drizzle of maple syrup.